The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Suffering from Bird Flu

Today I again suffered a number of bird flu like symptoms today while running: lethargic, very slow and got in a flap on the training track. Went down to Centennial Park and ran with Sean's morning squad for 7 * 400m and then 4*300m. I felt like I was running conservative to begin with and I swanned about at the front waiting to be overtaken. After four repetitons, eventually Ewen flew past. Times went from 1.26 to 1.13 for the 400m. Recovered quickly because I was saving myself for the 300 ms. At the first 300m repetition Ewen went out like a rocket and I felt the bird flu had really kicked in during the first 100m as I struggled with the thought of 4 reps. Turns out Ewen thought it was a 200m rep and ran accordingly. Times went 56, 56, 55 and 50 as the flu subsided.

I recovered quickly from the session casting some doubt on my avian diagnosis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home