The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Singing in the Rain

2 hours 10 minute run at Centennial Park

Woke up at 5.30am, overcast but no rain. Got out the door at 7am, rain started as I arrived at Centennial Park and stopped 2 hours later as I got back home.

Easy run to Centennial Park and then after 30 mins ran with Sean's squad. Pretty sure the pace picked up in the group this week, either that or I've got very fat and slow in the last 7 days. Not many were making small talk in the driving rain. Even Xela would've had the head down. Not a lot of difference between the base pace and my surge pace, quite a challenging morning. Wearing my six foot track singlet I attracted a comment from a new triathlete in the group; the singlet gives me that fake mountain-runner image. I was a little too shagged out to chew the fat and shoot the breeze during the run. Dodged a lot of puddles in addition to the usual tree roots, but sprayed Mohammed with a big splash and pretended it was accidental.

Park rangers had locked the Park gates weather was that bad. I later spied ambulance-like vehicles with flashing lights in the park: either SES rescuers or men in white coats trying to take deranged runners into protective custody. I gave them the slip this week being off the medication.

Clocked up 2 hours while at Centennial Park and legs have not been so tired all year. Shuffled home.

5 Comments:

At 6:50 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Welcome to blogland DJ. I'm looking forward to learning your secrets :-)

We'll have to send you to the drought stricken areas of Australia to go for a long run every day for a week, they could sure use the rain.

 
At 7:14 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Hey hey... look who it is!! Yeah... I am glad you have joined the flock :)
I am soooo jealous you can even run 15mins with seans group... way too quick! How could you call your self fat and unfit with such a great nutrition plan of red wine and lindt chocolate tarts ???? The perfect training I say :) (haha)

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger 2P said...

The wet look was definitely in this morning :-)

Good to see you blogging DJ.

 
At 9:09 am, Blogger miners said...

Great to see you blogging too DJ - sounds like a certifiable run in those conditions. Congrats on getting through 2 hours of the stuff!

 
At 9:25 am, Blogger Jen said...

About bloody time ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home