The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Fartlek and two dogs

1 hr 25 min at Centennial Park

I switched the longer mid week run from road to grass to preserve my frail physique.

Running by 6.15 am to Centennial Park, overcast but mild. Rushcutters Bay Park was jumping with trainees doing all sorts of weird and wonderful exercises. Again I took a long time to warm up, tried to stride out after 10 minutes and 20 minutes but they were insipid efforts after yesterdays 200m reps. After 20 minutes at Centennial Park alternated one minute stride out, one minute easy. Overall I was not going too fast because a shuffling large man with 2 dogs kept overtaking me on the easy float, and the dogs weren't greyhounds either. Another good reality check.

Eventually picked up the pace after 30 minutes and worked a bit harder. Managed to fartlek for 40 minutes as the sun came out and streamed through the trees. It was a particularly glorious morning in the park and I was feeling fatigued yet good.

2 Comments:

At 3:33 pm, Blogger 2P said...

I love your titles DJ - there is just sooo much one could do with two dogs fartleking :-)

It's always nice of nature to lend a hand when you're feeling fatigued - kinda makes it all worthwhile.

 
At 12:48 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Fatigued yet good... I couldnt have said it better myself!
You did not look too bad!!
It was good tp be back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home