The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Fartlek of attrition and the secret training

6.30am - 1 hour fartlek at Centennial Park

Joined Sean's squad and guest Coach Cindy at Centennial Park for fartlek. This fartlet has longer surges and longer floats in between. It is an easy session to cruise or pour it on.

A good large group present including Katie back from her secret Japanese training camp, a new lass Victoria, Flo-Jo, and Xela displaying her six pack. Reminded me I've been slack on the core body exercises, and I've got a bit of work to do on my six pack before I squeeze into any high cut top. Royworlds also having done a secret night training session on Thursday was backing up 8 hours later.

Felt yesterday's session in the legs which were fatigued as we got going. I'm glad I didn't belt myself harder. Wine trail runner was going like a racehorse. I felt like I was running at 5km pace in the strides and wasn't sure if that was good or bad, it was just tiring. During the floats, I got to chat to Lulu who is being flown down to Melbourne for Sunday's Sussan 10km race.

After the main loop, Lulu bowed out as part of her taper, and lining up for the next surge I noticed both Royworlds and Wine trail runner had dropped off. All of them no doubt having suffered from secret supplementary training fatigue. Must try some sly training on the side some time. It seems to work.

Cindy took the roll at the finish, writing down our names for a report card to Sean. Royworlds should be scolded for truancy.

4 Comments:

At 2:25 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

LOL, you're a funny bugger! No wonder you're feeling it, you've done two fartleks in a row. I hope I don't get that put on my programme by SW.

If you want some core work I can take you to my gym for Pilates. I took WTR once and he found it quite tough, especially with all the girls laughing :)

 
At 3:55 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I demand a crop top on Tuesday! I am still looking for a superman number.....

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger 2P said...

2 fartleks in a row - no thanks! Sounds like a fun session with some nice people though :-)

 
At 9:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of racehorses, DJ's modesty prevents him from boasting about leading the pack on the toughest section of the course (up York Road) and like a true champion, never being threatened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home