The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Big Easy

6.30am 1 hour Centennial Park

Felt fine but took it slow and never got out of first gear. Warmed up after 20 minutes, and thought about picking up the pace but the body wasn't up for it. Hamstrings and glutes were tired. Not having to concentrate on pace, the mind wandered all over the place as I went into auto-pilot. Ran the perimeter of Centennial Park and ran off a splurge on bread rolls last night. I scoffed them so fast I got indigestion.

Conditions were overcast but good, not much activity around the Park. Surprised to see an old toilet block demolished since yesterday near Queen's Park where I often stop for a drink and ambush a few perverts. Suddenly noticed a new block nearby which doesn't have that same gloomy interior where I can leap out to startle new arrivals.

Ran very slow and still felt fatigued at the finish. Very interested to see if I've recovered by tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Were they yummy fresh white rolls??? Yumm... nothing better, especially if they are still warm (can you tell it is lunch time and I am hungry?)
Good on you for getting out of bed... some of us turned off the alarm :-)

 
At 10:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know they're perverts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home