The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Secret birthday run

7.40am, 1 hour 20 minutes, Centennial Park

Unwrapped my Christmas and birthday presents, and found a pair of cool aqua-blue ASICS 2100s. And just the right shoe size. No choice then but to immediately going running in them. I didn't go running in the rest of my birthday suit though.

A very pleasant easy run with Sean Williams and a small festive group of his junior runners in the later 8 am session. I felt quite stiff in the legs after a couple of little speed bumps at Hornsby yesterday. But the pace was gentle, moved pretty well and the new shoes were good. Nice cooling breeze and pretty quiet around the Park.

Ran back home again via Rushcutters Bay Park and saw quite a few Sydney to Hobart yachts moored in Rushcutters Bay including a couple of maxi yachts. Impressive looking boats. I should go out and see the start of the race tomorrow which is just around the corner. If I can stop myself running in the morning, I might go out for a run to Vaucluse or south head and see the start that way.

Merry Christmas and happy running.

5 Comments:

At 10:41 am, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

It's no longer a secret run.

Merry xmas.

 
At 11:16 am, Blogger Jen said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday !

 
At 7:54 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Oh.. birthday as well as Christmas; you kept that quiet. We saw Sean's group this morning but we didn't see you.

Happy Birthday~

 
At 9:27 am, Blogger Katie said...

You are full of surprises!!! Happy Birthday!!!! You have had another great two days of running! Quarry rd sounds like perfect 6foot training. I am glad I oped for Lane copve the hills sound scary :-)
See you tommorow.

 
At 10:15 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Happy Birthday DJ!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home