The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The rich and self-employed people on a long run

6.45am 90 minutes, Centennial Park

The rich and self-employed are not like you and me. They go running whenever they feel like it, and they don't have to worry about arriving at work by 9 am before the psychopathic boss frothes at the mouth.

I got out the door a bit later than usual, and felt the effects of yesterday's session. I was reading about a new face transplant last week. Well I might need an arse transplant since the glutes are regularly tired at the moment.

As the morning wears on, there's a slightly different crowd at Centennial Park that comes out of the woodwork. After 50 minutes of running and approaching 8 am, I ran into Royworlds stretching and limbering up in a leisurely manner, not a worry in the world. We took off for a quick 10 minute tempo run from McKay Oval to the Pavilion and the inside fence, before I started warming down, which is a euphemism for being too stuffed to do anything else. We had a good chat about the world of work and self employment. After returning to McKay we started drifting apart, me to shuffle home to get ready for work, Roy to continue his enjoyable long mid-week run with the 8 am Centennial Park crowd, oblivious to the clock and the wage-slaves scurrying to work.

3 Comments:

At 5:19 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Let me know when you find someone who does arse transplantation please! I'm ready to through out my glutes and ITBs and start with a new set ;-)

 
At 10:05 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Yep sign me up for a new butt while your at it... ohh and make it a nice size 8 butt!!!

Sounds all a little self indulgent :-) .... some of us have to be at work before 8!!!

Don't be so modest I bet your shuffle was my heart exploding pace :-)

 
At 10:46 pm, Blogger 2P said...

There is another option DJ - become the boss ;-) apart from the obvious of being able to turn up when you like - you can do a little arse transplanting of your own :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home