The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, July 21, 2006

City to Surf reconnaissance

8.00am, 30 minutes easy, Rushcutters Bay-Rose Bay

A slightly different course for the end of week easy run so I could saunter over the early section of the City to Surf course along New South Head Road. I live 2 minutes away from the course. I was short of breath within 5 minutes jogging up the long Edgecliff hill so no danger of pre-race complacency setting in.

I almost got run over by 2 black mercedes sports cars, one of them reversing unpredictably at Double Bay traffic lights. I forgot that different road laws apply to mercedes sports drivers. I'm hoping that road closures apply to Double Bay drivers on race day too.

It was an easy run and I moved OK. I've got a bit of work to do in the next few weeks if I'm going to get past the portaloos at Rushcutters Bay. The portaloos might be a good starting spot. I bet nobody has thought of that before.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I prefer the bushes much quicker! Just don't leapt out ahead of Action and you'll be ok.

 
At 1:15 am, Blogger R2B said...

If only the race started there!
I'd have 60 sown up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home