The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Paranoia

6.15 am, 5 * 1200 m, Centennial Park

My first decent work out since the trip to New Zealand and, I'm not paranoid but, a combination of events are conspiring to put me into overdue retirement: captivated by airline and conference food, rotating foot and leg niggles, and World Cup Football sleep deprivation.

At least a few others are on the way up in the running cycle. Good to see Horrie and Blue Dog running spritely this morning. Fats was a touch reserved after the Gold Coast Half, only running an Olympic B qualifier.

I belted myself out there on the track this morning and noticed the effects of a week off.

Times were 4.14, 4.21, 4.21, 4.21 and 4.14. I hobbled home, and had I been moving any slower the park-rangers would've successfully put up the screens around me and shot me.

6 Comments:

At 12:54 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I was wondering what had happened to you. Glad to see you're back in action. Perhaps you should get Easy Tiger to sort out your niggles.

 
At 6:06 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Welcome back - thought the gypsies had stolen you.

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger Katie said...

" Paranoia, Paranoia, evrybodies coming to get me...."~ I know what song will be stuck in my head!

They have drugs for that problem!

Ray can't make it to work in time for sweat.... a shame I think he would like it! Now get some sleep and burn them off on Thursday.

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

No wonder you were hobbling home after those reps DJ. Well run and it was good to catch up with you.

 
At 10:16 pm, Blogger R2B said...

still running fast despite all...

 
At 12:20 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Referee Kaplan can do that to niggles. Get some speed back and chase young Fats, or Horrie might catch you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home