The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Queens Park Virgin

7.30 am, 6 km, Queens Park

I jogged down to Queens Park for my first Saturday morning session. I was looking for the runners not doing Sutherland to Surf, and found Mohammed by himself. He said he'd been stood up by Vat and a number of others. I'm a big fan of Mohammed, but look what happens when you're a strider and register with ANSW as a Randwick Botany harrier. No mates. Although it was very wet and muddy out there at Queens Park, and I'm also a big fan of Vat, but we did get a lot of mud on ourselves, and it was hard to look pretty out there this morning.

Mohammed did 4 km and I hung in there with him, then I went on for one more lap for 6 km. I was struggling over the last 2 km, very muddy, and not all that photogenic by the finish.

During the last 2 km lap I saw Kit and Kerry heading off to the big park to stretch out their legs. I struggled home, and looked for Kit on the way at Centennial Park, but she was too fast.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I was all over the place this morning! It was a bit of a struggle going around and around that bloddy park!!! I got too chicken to try your trick and run through the golf course so I ran around it! You were running well this morning... I was going to yell go Nigel ;-) The park was very boggy... my shoes are so disgusting!

 
At 8:17 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Go the mudlarks.Or is that the magpies? No S2S I guess I might see you next at the Striders race?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home