The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Shock & Awe

7.00am 2 hours 15 minutes Centennial Park

This morning was only my second time running over 2 hours for about a 15 months, and the body was again in a state of shock and awe at the prospect of getting up to marathon distance and running six foot track again next March: Six foot track is a 45km ultra in the Blue Mountains and very hilly.

Unusually craved a coffee before I got going, and made one quickly. This morning started well and suffered no lingering effects of yesterday's tempo run. A smaller group gathered at centennial park with the Central Coast half on this morning. Pace seemed easier this week in the sunshine with a cooling westerly breeze. Had a good chat to Big Jim who's only ran a modest 77 min. half- marathon, and 48 min city to surf. I tried to give him a few tips and somehow never mentioned my PB times are 10 minutes slower than his for each event.

Faded a bit after 100 minutes, but got a second wind after a drink break on 2 hours which meant I was not completely shagged out like last week. Finished reasonably well and pulled up better than last week. Some early hope for six foot track that a 7 hour finish under the cut-off is on the cards. Got some distance to go before I'm on Mr G's Big Bus at six foot track.

3 Comments:

At 2:23 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Haha Shock and awe is right!!! I have just had a nana nap!!! I had forgotten how much effort 2hrs of running takes :-) very satisfying though!

I cant wait to cheer you home at the 6ft track... it will be much earlier than 7hrs though!! Tell that self doubt where to go!!

 
At 3:57 pm, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I'm with KIT, have a word with Self Doubt. You don't want to talk yourself into 7 hours or thereabouts.

 
At 10:56 pm, Blogger 2P said...

ooooohhh 6' - it certainly is that time of year when your thoughts turn toward it. Can't wait :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home