The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Tempo Time

7.30am 1 hour Centennial Park

Opted for the green green grass of Centennial Park to run a 25 min tempo.

Felt fresher today during a 15 minute warm up.

Tempo running is relatively new to me so took off and maintained a solid pace on a big loop. I did not fade although I wasn't belting it out: 25 minutes is a fair time.

I started on the southern lower side of the park with the idea of finishing up the top. Started a bit late in the loop and arrived at the top of the park after 20 mins, then had to keep going downhill and finished near McKay Oval. I'll get the start correct, eventually. It might also take me a few weeks to guage relative performance using a regular starting spot. Lucky I've got the whole summer ahead of me.

Bumped into coach SW at the park running with 3 primary school kids: they look like they are easier to train than me - they do what they are told, no lame excuses for perpetual tiredness, and they weren't faking any injuries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home