The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, January 08, 2006

The twilight zone

7.00am, 2 hours, Centennial park

I've been managing glute tightness, caused by lower back joint soreness according to the physio. I'm doing an extended series of strengthening and stretching exercises, and slouching in the chair as I type this.

Good news is that I'm not damaging any muscles just destroying the spinal cord, so I have been out running again. As indicated above I can still run for 2 hours, although at a reduced pace in the twilight zone: in the running world between physical symptoms and salvaging fitness. The initial tightness and soreness got replaced by typical running tiredness and fatigue after an hour - that's more like it.

I didn't break down which was promising and pulled up well afterwards. I usually find out the morning after how much damage I've done. My body keeps telling me that he'll respect me in the morning if we go for a run. And I believe him.

Got to chat to Royworlds this morning who should be known by his initials, P.B. Royworlds.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 am, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear that you aren't doing any serious damage...now stop slouching!!

 
At 8:28 am, Blogger Katie said...

Hey!!! I loved you quote.. I am going to put that somewhere I can see it. I hope your back/glutes clear up... must be catching- lots of CR with similar problems. Will we see you tommorow?? You could just run slowly ;-)

Look after yourself... spinal cords are kind of essential :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home