The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, June 05, 2006

Long recovery

7.00am, 1 hour easy, Moore Park

This morning I was pretty keen for a solid recovery run along the NOSH course. Alas the thundering rain gave me an offer to good to refuse: a run on the soft Moore Park golf course without any golfers to dodge. The rain eased off, I was out the door, and as expected, the body was pretty stiff and sore. I bet I'm not the only one feeling tired this morning.

I had the golf course to myself in the rain. I battled around holes 2-8, 13-16 in a sub-par performance, and headed home just before the hour. I was almost sinking in the moore park quagmire when the rain started belting down; just in case I hadn't worked hard enough on the weekend and needed a workout. I would've been cleaned up by a few drivers not giving way on pedestrian crossings, but that's Sydney. Nice to get warm again.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I can't believe you got out there in the pouring rain! I was meant to meet Ali at 5:30am.... when the alarm went off at 4:30 I heard the rain and sms'd my apology!! I am a big wus :-)

 
At 2:43 pm, Blogger 2P said...

I'm green with envy - your drive is just the right pitch to ensure your continued success. How you wedge in these recovery runs after iron hard races make me wish I was a chip off the old block - you must be as supple as green wood.

Bugger - I cna't work out how to put "putt" in ;-)

Glad to see you having a ball out there today though :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home