The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

SuperWomen and Men

6.15am, 3km, 2km & 1km, Centennial Park

First, an injury update; the tightness in the glutes this morning is the same as January's L5-S1 referred joint pain (so my physio thought in January anyway). So back to redraw the continuous loop of additional stretching and strengthening exercises, and add January's glute exercises. Confident now I'll clear this up quickly. This referred joint pain is a pain in the arse, but so am I. It feels kind of natural to be on the receiving end of this. Instant Karma.

Second I had an interesting chat to Ellie, who's recently had more job changes than I've had hot dinners, and Amjan about careers in law and order, and working with a superwoman. Thirdly, Jenny was looking at race photos where she was running at Olympic Park just behind the lead cyclist describing the difficulties lapping other competitors and staying behind the lead cyclist. Too true. I've had a gutful of problems as race leader over the years. I usually sit well behind the main pack these days.

Finally, my times for the intervals were shite, and I had Steve in Shakespearian black tights telling me he was about to nail me at 600m - and he wasn't just trying to wind me up.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i've always like that phrase 'a change is as good as a holiday'...

 
At 12:53 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Gosh... sounds serious up the front! I hope your butt behaves! Are you running Striders 10km?

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Hope you sort that pain out bt Saturday mate.Otherwise Grandpa has to slip into the Don Juan slot for the over 45's. How do you run around a track following a cyclist?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home