The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, June 02, 2006

ANSW cross-country 4 km relays - Hosing down expectations

7.00am, 30 minutes easy, Woolloomooloo - Mrs Macquarie's Chair - Opera House

An easy jaunt in the bright and cool conditions. On the way past the botanical gardens, I had a quick hose on the NSW Governors' gardens, admittedly showing scant regard for Her Majesty's representative in NSW. You wouldn't expect anything better from a Republican and a lawyer though.

I'll be showing somewhat higher regard to the other runners in tomorrow's ANSW CC relays. Sydney striders have 4 mens teams, and I'm the second leg runner in the 45+ team. I just realised I'm potentially running with Vat, Fats and Guzzo, the other 2nd leg runners. Naturally Guzzo will be expecting me to pace him through the first 3km to set him up. He hasn't said anything to me yet. There will be people everywhere by the end of the first leg.

It should be chaos and fun.

3 Comments:

At 6:51 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I'm glad I'm the lead runner, that tagging area may be a mess with the rain. Pity the blokes running last. Although O Runner the bushie should lap it up. I reckon you'll be good for low 14's.

 
At 8:20 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Anyone who reads your blog religiously will know not to believe any attempt by you to hose down exepectations - we won't be fooled again !

 
At 11:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the video of you hosing the Governor's gardens is doing the rounds of the internet. The police have a KALOF. Before you know it you'll be featured on Crimestoppers......lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home