The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Kiss the bride, catch the bouquet

7.00am, 2 hours, Centennial Park

Not having raced on Saturday, I instead drunk champagne and ate wedding cake. Hence, I was on fire this morning, full of carbohydrates and nuptial goodwill. I felt surprisingly good and the glutes appreciated a weekend off racing.

There was a big crowd out there, and I was able to surge a few times with fresh legs. Finished off the session with Royworlds doing a solid inner fence. We saw Kit a few times, she was so far ahead of Sean's squad that Kit had to turn around a few times at the end of the fartlek surges to pick the rest of Sean's squad up - either that, or Kit might have been running in the other direction.

Bumped into Superflake on the way home: secret training for the ANSW state relays. Anchor leg material for mine.

I missed the bride's bouquet yesterday, so I've got more time for training now ;-).

4 Comments:

At 11:36 am, Blogger Superflake said...

I caught the brides garter once at a wedding. Leapt off a pack of six guys to take a speccy. I must do some speed work this week for the relays in case the real runners can't make it.

 
At 11:48 am, Blogger Katie said...

Yes sprung... definately the other direction! That way I can see you all coming, rather than have you sneak up from behind :-) Must have been good wedding cake... you looked fast this morning!

 
At 3:25 pm, Blogger Jen said...

See, eating that extra serve of cake last night was a good thing

;-)

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Always the bridesmaid - never mind I'm sure you were the best man though....

A weekend of racing should see that "fearsome pace" return it training ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home