The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back to the lentils

7.30am, 40 minutes easy, Woolloomooloo - Opera House - Botanical Gardens

The last of the recovery runs which I've enjoyed more than racing. I was moving in a fairly fluid fashion having had a couple of easy days already this week. I got a couple of looks from other runners around the Botanical Gardens in my coolrunning cap and tight black underpants; and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt too out of modesty.

I am looking at doing City to Surf and Sydney marathon despite vowing in March never again, no more marathons. So between now and September get ready for 3 months of whinging and whining about fatigue, strange niggles, my incredible speed going down the gurgler, and very handy excuses for crashing and burning in every other race in between.

Otherwise, I'm back on the lentils for 3 months and farting around town. It's good to have personal goals and share it all with friends.

6 Comments:

At 11:50 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Me too! I'm in for both this year. After missing both last year with the stressie I need them. May have to do some hill work before then. Bugger!

 
At 12:32 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Grear minds think alike... my goals are city to surf and Sydney Marathon :-) So I will join you in the whinging. Hahaha don't get too sensitive and supportive... I like being pulled into line :-)

 
At 12:33 pm, Blogger Katie said...

That was meant to be GREAT minds....

 
At 12:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you re - the tights. I've just got to wear shorts over them, I did tonight.

 
At 3:11 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

I thought Flakey meant he was on to the lentils too. Whew!

I think we could have used Dell the dill last night.

 
At 5:22 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Sydney Marathon AND Mrs 2P is cooking me some red lentil soup - when I grow up I want to be just like Uncle DJ

Hehe Kit - how very Germain of you :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home