The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, May 27, 2006

All my friends are getting married

7.00am, 14km, Moore Park

No time this afternoon to run the East Metropolitan Cross Country, since I went to a wedding, not mine. So I did another morning run.

Glutes were a bit sore so nothing hard, nothing fast. I kept up a steady pace, mainly on the golf course which was pretty quiet after the rain and in the cloudy conditions.

Wedding was a big church affair. I haven't been to one for a while. The church service was at Hurstville with singing, and reception at The American Club in Macquarie Street: with portrait of George W Bush and sweeping views across the harbour and eastern suburbs. I was sipping champagne from 2.30pm when I could've been at Mutch Park warming up for the 6km.
Being a runner I didn't fill up on the standard servings and had to have seconds of wedding cake. It was a tough day out there.

4 Comments:

At 9:32 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

All the girls cried when they heard that first line. Had to put up with Royworlds and Easy Tiger at the race. The young girls were very disappointed.Where's DJ was heard from the top of the hill!

 
At 9:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snap, I was at a wedding last night and I too was thinking I could be running somewhere.

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Funny, I always thought it was a good day when you get to eat a second piece of cake!

 
At 9:37 am, Blogger Katie said...

But did you catch the bouquet???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home