The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Goldilocks goes on the long run

6.30 am, 2 hours 45 minutes, Moore & Centennial Park

I got out just after first light. It was fairly quiet around Darlinghurst apart from the usual coffee drinkers and street criminals, then I ran into unexpected traffic at Moore Park golf course: two other runners on the 16th fairway in the distant fog. First time this year I've seen any other runners on my course. Natuarlly I gave chase in hot pursuit to catch these intruders. I had to pick up the speed with siren wailing to close the gap. They ran around the perimeter of the course, and when I did catch them, I didn't know them from a bar of soap.

At Centennial Park I ran into Mohammed and Sparkie, and lifted the pace again. I was tiring by the time the main group started at 8am. I stuggled after that, and it was a battling effort. Probably better than last week, but just.

I'll be back on patrol tomorrow morning.

5 Comments:

At 8:07 pm, Blogger blues buffett said...

So... a handy lead... you must have picked either Geelong or Freemantle...if it was Geelong, that one point turns into a three point lead for you!
Congrats on the consistent training - I still don't know how you can run so early mid week during winter, although I suspect out our way we're around 4 degrees cooler...

 
At 9:06 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Next they will be eating your bowl of lentils!!!

Looong run for a C2S prep - sure you are not doing 12' the day before?

 
At 10:26 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

If you run around wearing blonde wigs is it any wonder those runners were keeping their distance. A good long run though.

 
At 8:03 am, Blogger R2B said...

Like 2P said long run for C2S prep but i can't talk a haven't had a long run for weeks.Yikes!I'm off.

R2B

 
At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed you tipped Soapflake to beat my son at S2S, making it two years in a row.

I guess he didn't have a big enough heart for that final hill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home