The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Plane Spotting

2.30 pm, 3.2 km * 2 repetitions, Tempe Reserve

A Randwick-Botany Harriers club 3.2 km handicap race with a couple of outsiders such as Sparkie and I from Sean's training squad. Wine Trail Runner and I were given a 3 minute handicap. Sparkie had 4 mins, and Dimitri with a 3min 30 secs handicap was looking good to take the giant handicap trophy home.

The legs were pretty good and I paced the run reasonably well. Dimitri and Sparkie zipped past me in that order. The course felt longer than 3.2 km. I held the pace near the end to stay ahead of Sean and the rest of the 3.30 handicap group. Before we could slither away on a warm down run, Sean nailed us about doing the second repetition. It was a struggle.
Times were 11.28 and 12.08. A PB! Tempe is a good place for plane spotting being adjacent to Sydney airport. I spotted a Bombardier 900 and an Antonov 124 on the second rep which slowed me down.

The red ASICS DS racers were very comfortable on the concrete path and a good acquisition. Lulu thinks I bought the racers for the red colour. Thanks to the Lulus, I was also transported to Tempe in opulent style in the Italian sports car.

3 Comments:

At 8:42 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Does this mean the retirement is over?

 
At 5:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see the Fokker F-28 1000? Agree that the 2nd rep was a struggle - you did well to be that close to the race time.

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

You did buy the shoes for the colour!

Looking forward to SWEAT on Tuesday :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home