The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fashion Champion

6.15 am, 4 km fartlek, Centennial Park

A sharpener session for city to surf of 4 laps of a 1 km loop with 2 surges and 2 floats.

So many people at training these days the start resembled city to surf. Good to simulate race conditions. From the start I noticed everybody was holding back a bit. The disappearing Fats was running like he stole something.

My 1 km splits were within 2 seconds of each other at 3.45. Finished in 14.57.

Looking forward to the finish of city to surf and Kit cheering me through on her warm down.

I've bought my pre-C2S keep-warm and throw-away clothing at the local op shop. A red 'Champion' t-shirt for $2.00 was a bit pricy but suits me on a number of levels, not least of all in the fashion stakes - where I led the field this morning, dare I say as usual.

5 Comments:

At 11:11 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

you were a bit of a stand out in red this morning - makes a nice change from all the pink.

 
At 1:00 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I am dissapointed you did not manage to find a superman shirt!! Unless your planning on crawling the city to surf you will be cheering us... better be loud!!

 
At 3:56 pm, Blogger blues buffett said...

Good luck on Sunday. Enjoy the hills...and the crowds...and the hills...then the finish.
The Hills District will be watching TV for all coolrunners finishing so make sure you all wave cheerily!

 
At 4:50 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad you're taking my fashion tips seriously. I told you red was your colour.

 
At 10:30 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I thought you were an 80's fashion victim so should have heaps to throw away? Form looks good for Sunday. Go smash MPH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home