The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, August 07, 2006

Cross Training

7.30 am, 35 minutes easy, Rushcutters Bay - Rose Bay

The legs were tired after yesterday's 2 hour run and cross-training: cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. Scrubbed the floor at VO2 max and lifted the aerobic threshold. Tough workout.

This morning I missed the rain and shuffled along New South Head Road, the city to surf route. I didn't feel flash at any stage but at least familiarised myself with the gradients of the early course hills. The hills seemed longer during the race, probably because they hurt more doing the real thing.

4 Comments:

At 11:01 am, Blogger Tesso said...

I think you should come and do a training camp at my house, it needs a good clean.

 
At 12:26 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Aunty Kit is not the best at keeping babies quiet.... although a pillow works well ;-)
Did you see us hoon by you on the way home on Saturday?

 
At 1:38 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

my house is closer than tesso's if you need more cross-scrubbing-training...

 
At 2:47 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm sure you'll fly up the hills on the day. I'll try and be at the finish to cheer you on but I'll be totally wasted the night before due hen-night duties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home