The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Vaucluse Striders STAR training run

6.00 am, 2 hours 20 minutes, Rose Bay - Edgcliff - Bronte - Vaucluse

I didn't get to the striders training run start at Vaucluse in time, choosing to sleep in and run along New South Head Road to meet the various start groups head-on. A bit of a gamble since I didn't know what groups were coming the other way. I turned around after the 6.10 group but before the 6.20 group not sure if I'd missed them. I took a short cut through Edgcliff and met the 6 am group before progressively falling back to the 6.20 group and running with them all the way to Vaucluse. A convoluted way of saying 'I did it my way', and made a dog's breakfast of it.

Legs were tired after yesterday, and the run itself was tough; me lacking long runs under the belt, and lacking long road runs.
Caught up with the Flake, Run 26, Amjan, Grandpa, Fats and Kerry. The recovery was in the shade and the coldest spot available in Vaucluse but the refreshments were welcome. I was mercifully saved from running or swimming back home by Fats.

5 Comments:

At 7:37 pm, Blogger Jen said...

How lazy of you not to swim home. Particularly after all that trouble you went to when buying your new swimmers

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger blues buffett said...

I'm afraid my definition and yours of "sleeping in" are at odds. By about 3 hours.
6am starts are for working week days. I get the early morning starts in summer (officially Dec 21)- just not in mid Aug. Well done on a 2.20 run. I think we were all deciding it was probably time to get up, about the time you finished...

 
At 9:38 am, Blogger Katie said...

Nice run.... great views on that course! I hope Kerry whipped up a storm :-) We had a nice bush bash yesterday!

 
At 1:30 pm, Blogger 26miles said...

The pace was fairly hot on Sunday -
some quality runners getting in their final hitouts before Sydney/Berlin next month.

 
At 6:54 am, Blogger R2B said...

Ahhh the joys of an early morning start.
I think you did well to get out of bed!
Wish i could join an organized long run (jealous!)

R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home