The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Take-off

6.00 pm, 40 minutes, Moore Park

A late decision to run after a biggish lunch of salmon, rice and a musashi fruit bar I finally found at the local woolworths after weeks of searching the health food section. The musashi goods were in the toiletries section with the health supplements.

I felt huge and fully fueled up the whole way around, not unlike an airbus A380. If only I had the same range. I finally felt reasonable after 35 minutes, more like a jumbo, and landed just after dark.

Reported in today's SMH there was a sexual assault 50 metres from home in Elizabeth Bay Road at 4 pm last Sunday. Two men grabbed a 20 yo woman and dragged her into a lane. It is an innocuous looking place that I run past regularly, a heavily populated area and disturbing. I'll be a bit more vigilant for these felons, even if I'm dodging the usual motorists trying to set land-speed records on the unbroken 50 metre stretches of open road around here.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Wearing those pink running outfits as you do, you will need to watch out. Sad that it can happen with people around to see it.

 
At 9:01 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Things are grim when you aren't even safe in broad daylight :-(
Did they catch the guys? Maybe the lowlife/s that have been attacking female runners up here have migrated south.

 
At 10:46 am, Blogger 2P said...

I suspect I know why Musashi is kept in the toiletries section - but some secrets I should keep to myself...

Let me know when you are rustling up a posse to track down those varmits on Elizabeth Bay Rd.

 
At 4:17 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

That's not good. Was she a runner?

I'm fully fueled up, but my range is more like that of a glider - a very heavy one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home