The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Super size me

7.00 am, 50 minutes, Centennial & Queens Parks

After deferring yesterday's run so long I eventually abandoned the idea of even a quick nude dash at 10pm, it was all systems go this morning. I felt remarkably good, a week of easy runs has put me back in running condition. It is all relative; I'd only out-sprint a sausage dog today. I haven't done any speed work of substance for 5-6 weeks.

I got down to Queens Park expecting to see no one in particular, thinking Sean was away on his training camp, and there was Sean and the squad minus striders. Enjoyed a quick chat trying to convince various people I was not faking physical injury and just doing a rehab. 50 minute run.
I got home in a negative split of 2 minutes instead of the wheels falling off.
Looking good to run off the weight I've put on in the last 2 months including bulging pectoral muscles and biceps from swimming. I'll probably pass on the Uncle Toby's calendar and wrist-watch endorsements though.

5 Comments:

At 1:23 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

oh... i thought that the sausage dog beat you yesterday?? good on your for lifting the pace then :)

hehehe

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work DJ those sausage dogs are only good for turning into thematic racing flats - you could start a trend.

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Keep this up & you'll be beating sausage dogs again in no time!

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I'm sure you put on a convincing limp when you jogged up to the squad. The runs where the wheels stay on are the best.

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Plenty of sausage dogs (and single woman) running down here in the 'gong DJ.You should try it!

R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home