The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

6.30am, 40 minutes easy, Centennial Park

I did a very light recovery run yesterday, felt very tired, and then felt much better this morning. I jogged down to Centennial Park in almost record time. I was on fire. I thought I'd see who didn't run the SMH 1/2 on Sunday and who was out with Sean doing intervals.

I caught Sparkie leaving early on the bike. There were a few out there on McKay Oval: Ed and Vespa were charging around, and then I saw a blue and pink flash near the front of the group. I checked my pulse since I thought I saw Fats out there after his 77 minute half on Sunday. The hallucinations deepened when I thought I was actually chatting to Fats about upcoming races. The sky then turned a tangerine colour.

I also had a chat to Kerry, Deanne and Ali who was still shell-shocked from her first ever road-race. Ali is preparing for her maiden marathon, the gold coast marathon, and was totally unprepared for the manic crowd at the SMH 1/2. I had to do a bit of impromptu confidence building about completing a marathon, and played the reasoned voice of experience. I was a really caring SNAG. Then the sky changed back to blue and gray.

I headed home via Moore Park; flew home this morning. I was feeling quite good.

4 Comments:

At 4:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for Sunday. Keep up the psychedelic blogging and you will soon be a cult figure.

 
At 6:11 pm, Blogger 2P said...

I don't know about psychedielic blogging but you kaleidoscope eyes do give you a certain mystique...

 
At 11:09 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I did spy Lucys name in the RBH results from Saturdays x-c. You are a cult figure already.Training back already, I wish my legs would let me do the same. Maybe Weds.

 
At 9:52 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see the work we've been doing to improve your SNAG performance is paying off.. must have been a PB.

See you on our return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home