The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, May 21, 2006

SMH 1/2 marathon

7.30am, SMH 1/2 marathon, City

Finished in 84.30 (approx). It was a 3 minute half marathon PB, and a 12 minute course PB which indicates how far I've come in the space of a year. It wasn't quite up to the 10km pace I've run in the past month but I don't do many 1/2 marathons.

I found today's run a hard run, especially after the 11 km mark. I must be going soft doing all this racing over 5-10km, and no long marathon training runs. I slowed a bit in the second lap but didn't fall in a heap. Compared with recent races, I noticed there were people running at different paces throughout the whole race which was a bit unnerving at times.

It was a great day for a run, and great conditions. I did get a lot of cheers from the sidelines or other side of the road which were much appreciated: Kit, 2Ps, Kerry, MPHaz, and a few striders supporters.

Great runs out there from Vat, Ewan and Tux. Good to catch up with 26 miles after the race. Had two sleeps today after race. Physically, I pulled up well after the race, no niggles or soreness.

13 Comments:

At 10:14 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats DJ! You sure are having a great year of running. What's the secret? Though if the answer is hard work I don't want to know.

Go the Maroooooons! You know your blog is sort of maroony :-)

 
At 11:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on a PB. Sounds like you could run that faster with purpose built half marathon training. I wouldn't knock back your pb time.

 
At 6:59 am, Blogger Lulu said...

That's great DJ. Sorry we weren't there to cheer you on.

 
At 8:25 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

congrats DJ - sounds like a top race! see you back at training soon!

 
At 9:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mark - it's great to see your hard work paying off so well.

 
At 11:14 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Congratulations Mark. A hard earned PB. Just so close to the sub 4min time.

 
At 12:36 pm, Blogger Katie said...

12 min pb! YOu are right that really shows how hard you have worked... good on you! I was a bit crap on the cheering... I might need glasses, I found it hard tyo spot people in the crowd. It looked worse than I remember from last year!

 
At 2:20 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Half your luck getting in the nana naps - Mrs 2P had me moving furniture again that afternoon - and with my back!

Congratulations on the PB DJ - you were looking mighty strong when I saw you towards the end.

We will have to catch up for that beer eventually!

 
At 3:49 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

Wow a 12 minute PB, you must be stoked. I did see you fly past me in the opposite direction of course looking pretty good.

 
At 5:08 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

Yet another PB. When is it going to stop? Another well deserved result for a very consistent runner. Well done mate!

 
At 1:25 pm, Blogger 26miles said...

It was nice to meet you after reading your blog for ages - good run too !

 
At 7:46 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Wow. Sensational result DJ. Congrats.

 
At 4:12 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Three minutes better is a good PB DJ - well done! Close enough to 4 minute km pace but I'm sure you'll smash 84 when you try your next one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home