The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, May 19, 2006

Getting away from it all

8.00am, 30 minutes easy, Domain - Martin Place

I wanted to get away from it all this morning so jogged over to Martin Place in the CBD. There was a bonus state of origin rugby league promotion with hundreds of people crowding around Pitt Street. I don't think anyone in the city that owns a suit or finished secondary school follows league so the numbers swelled with channel 9 employees and beefy NRL goons.

As part of some locum duties, I had to go to York Street today for 5 minutes so I combined it as part of the morning run. Much better than catching the train and commuting.
On the way home I saw Vespa in the domain doing fartlek with an ipod. I couldn't pick up speed in time to catch her.
Go the Blues.

4 Comments:

At 7:03 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

So, she was doing 'miners i-pod fartlek'? A new trend!

 
At 11:00 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Lucky they didn't mistake you for Peter Stirling in a wig.

Of course state of origin is only ever a guess in Qld....

 
At 2:03 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad you enjoyed your ET experience. Good luck for tomorrow if we don't see you. I'm expecting a big PB; that's from you not me!

 
At 4:54 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I'm predicting you will be faster than me. Good luck tomorrow mate you you run well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home