The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cool for cats

7.00 am, 2 hours, Centennial Park

A long session after yesterday's sluggish 7.5 km Sydney Park East Met Cross Country run. Yesterday at Sydney Park I warmed up with Kit who had emerged from under her doona. I'll be setting up a fund raiser for Kit's central-heating installation at home.

Legs and glutes were tired today but I managed to hang in with the group. Sean ran slowly, and I ran with Royworlds most of the morning while watching Dimitri dashing around up front. I got a second wind on the last inner fence when I tried to run with Vespa for 20 metres, but then I only got out of first gear and lagged behind.

On the last kilometre I ran into Deanne, Alison and Kulinda, and then Ellie all running strongly, and maybe all getting ready for the Gold Coast marathon. Entries are still open. I didn't see Kit. She must be sleeping in again. Yeh, it was a bit cool out there too.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 am, Blogger Katie said...

Me sleep in... never ;-) I would'nt miss a chance to run in the wet and cold! A "Save Kit" campaign along the lines of "save ferris" would be greatly appreciated!

You zipped off quickly yesterday... if you were smart like me you were headed home for the doona!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home