The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, June 08, 2006

The lentils strike back. ** contains filth references** parental guidance recommended

6.15 am, 6 * 700m hill circuit Wild Wally, Centennial Park

I got to bed early by 9pm, up at 5.30pm, and mentally refreshed for a training session. I'll have to get used to irregular sleeping hours if I'm to watch much world cup football action live.

Physically I'm still battling some glute and back stiffness, which seemed to get better today, and I battled the lentils I had for dinner last night.

The first 3 repetitions were scratchy and not particularly exhilarating, if hill work ever reaches those dizzy heights. Then it was lentil time. I had to have an extra pit stop after the 3rd repetition at the nearby toilet block. As a result I got a late 30 second start for the 4th rep, and as I dashed back to the start of the hill circuit I watched the group take off. I was tired by the time I got back to the start, and I then started chasing the whole field. Psychologically I was gone and did the slowest rep (adjusted for a late start) for about 6 months in my new brown running shorts.

I went and bought some ocean trout for dinner tonight.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

What comes next return of the x^%$#&? So the hill wasn't the only thing muddy this morning!

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Thank God your hot water system was not broken!!!

 
At 3:49 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Fish sounds like a much safer option!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home