The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Windsprints on auto-pilot

6.15am, 4.8 km fartlek, Centennial Park

The alarm seemed to go off horribly early after a late night and early morning watching the World Cup football. The miracles didn't stop with Australia's comeback victory against Japan, while watching the game I didn't even have a glass of red and stayed sober last night.

The weather was quite fresh but once I got going, I stayed warm enough in a t-shirt. We had 12 laps of McKay oval, run at roughly 5 km pace. The first 4 laps seemed the hardest, and the rest was history.

Finished in 18.26 which is not bad since I had a touch left in reserve. The back and glutes were good which was the most pleasing aspect of the run, so I'm also on the comeback trail for the winter season.

4 Comments:

At 12:47 pm, Blogger Katie said...

You ran well on minimal sleep!! Thanks you dragged me to run a bit quicker when you zoomed by on the 6th lap :-)

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Good we are going to need you at Nowra with Planet Sumo not running.
No red what is wrong with you?

 
At 10:39 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Lets hope miracles come in threes. We Qlders sure could use one tomorrow night.

 
At 3:19 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Very pleasing win for the Aussies. I made my Dad watch it too and cheer for the Socceroos.

Good to hear the arse is back in gear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home