The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Lord of the Rings

8.00 am, 2 hours 20 minutes, Moore, Centennial & Queens Parks

Woke up at 5am and quickly calculated that getting out of bed to get ready for striders 10km at Homebush would mean feeling foul the whole day. I then went back to sleep; very soft.

I had another 2 back up excuses for not racing on a hard surface: the niggling left foot and I can't do tomorrow's long run which should be done today on grass. So the grass it was .

It was a long session with all my mates, solo. The left foot was niggling along but the rest of me was moving well. I've only got to get injury free and then the planets will be moving into alignment for some serious running. No more mucking around then.

Tomorrow morning I fly to Wellington NZ for 3 days. A secret training camp in the Lord of the Rings country, and a conference to go to. I'm already moving like Gollum, precious.

4 Comments:

At 6:02 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I was looking for you this morning Precious! See you at Mutch Park next Sat maybe?

 
At 9:32 pm, Blogger Dave said...

hehe, I'm off to Wellington too, but Sunday night. Might try and tackle some of the hills around the city if the weather is somewhat kind.

 
At 9:05 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Enjoy the cool NZ air. Perhaps the change of scene will cure the foot problems too.

 
At 12:45 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Enjoy the windy city - lentils should go down well there :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home