The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bushby's Pond

8.30 am, 3 km, 2.8 km + 1.4 km, Bushby's Pond, Centennial Park

The socceroos' late finish at just before 3 am this morning caused me to turn off the alarm for 5.30 am. One alarm a night is enough. I did wake up around 6am and didn't fancy the fog and fresh antarctic breeze while I was feeling so fowl.

A glorious trot to the park in the morning sun was much better. The lake behind McKay Oval at Centennial Park has a new sign "Bushby's Pond" - "no swimming, fishing or drinking" either, but 'interval sessions at the high end of the aerobic threshold' are OK. So instead of laps of the oval I did laps of the lake. The path between the lake and oval has also been rolled smooth.
A good session in my other new slippers, new balance 825.

4 Comments:

At 3:36 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Sorry you stayed up late in vain. Poor old Socceroos.

Sounds like a nice spot for interval training. I'm sure I'll be experiencing it some time in the near future.. fingers crossed.
Thanks for the email too.. showing your senstive side again ;)

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

or even sensitive side.

 
At 7:48 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I can not believe you managed to get out at 8:30am....me and lack of sleep do not go well together!! I hope you squeezed in a nanna nap! So is the lake runnable now? See you thursday :-)

 
At 10:55 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Around the lake running down to the little kiosk in the middle of the park is about 1.4ks. Are you fronting at Homebush?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home