The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kiss Chasey

6.15am, 7 * 1 km fartlek circuit, Centennial Park

Being close to the shortest day of the year I could hardly see anything at the beginning of training.

This was a new morning fartlek session borrowed from afternoon squad training. There were two surges and two floats in a 1 km circuit. Simple but hard. On the first lap Liz and Jenny ran like they stole something, and I was followed by Rocket Rod who's still feeling his way back after a lay-off. Rocket dropped off after the first lap of 3.47 and I had another 6 laps to attempt a fruitless pursuit of the women by myself. I didn't catch them. I lapped a few people though.

The whole session was run at close to race pace, and I was wishing I'd got more sleep, less world cup football, and hadn't had red wine & lentils last night. I was reeking of garlic and onion as well which explained why most women ran for their lives when I approached them from behind. Finished in 27.01.

4 Comments:

At 11:08 am, Blogger Tesso said...

How about you come and run behind me in my next 3k TT after doing the wine/garlic/onion/lentil thing the night before.

 
At 11:30 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Isn't that a band? I was wondering what the steam was coming from the park when I left for work this morning.

 
At 1:11 pm, Blogger Katie said...

No sympathy...all self induced ;-)

That was tough this morning... but fun. Nothing like having your time written down to motivate you!!

 
At 12:57 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see you're not giving up your old habits of red wine and lentils and chasing women. Hope we'll see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home