The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Picture of Health

7.30 am, 1 km, Boy Charlton Pool

Yesterday I also did the same swim, walked home from the pool, went shopping and walked from the train station to the restaurant for an entertaining dinner with the CR executive committee of Mr Tiller, Jen Runs, Wobbly Man, and also Owly and triathlete Ellie. I walked for a combined total of about 1 hour, and my f*cking ankle displayed the same soreness, albeit slight, that has plagued me since June. &*%$#@*, and I haven't even been for a run for 6 days.

This morning I was swimming freestyle until lap 6 when I slightly strained a neck muscle. I switched to breaststroke and backstroke which was woeful.

Fortunately, I've got enough food in the flat for 3-4 days so I won't have to risk further injury going shopping. If there's no further blog entry by this time next week, I'll have broken down on the way to the bathroom in the wheelchair.

6 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Good luck with it DJ. I think that as long as your TV remote doesn't run out of batteries you should be right.

Also remember that you can always order more food from greengrocer.com.au if the stocks start getting low.

Other than that your survival skills seem sound.

 
At 1:59 pm, Blogger 2P said...

You need to stop perving while you swim.... sticking your head up like that will strain the neck every time ;-)

 
At 9:29 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Oh dear. I'm with the boys - batteries in the remote control & shopfast.com.au on the 'puter, you'll be fine. After all, you don't need to go to work ;-)

 
At 9:47 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Well since you still have trouble walking you might as well play Golf. Forget food, order from EZYDVD.com you get music and dvd's.

 
At 10:58 am, Blogger Martin said...

I don't believe a word of it. You're probably running 150K a week and will go sub 4 at 6ft!

 
At 11:51 am, Blogger Ewen said...

Ascics have a new line of crutches you might like to try ;)

Hang in there DJ. Online supermarkets work well ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home