The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Testosterone SNAG

8.00am, 35 minutes, Moore & Centennial Parks

I decided yesterday that the comeback to running was on the agenda for today.
I got to bed before 10pm and woke up early at 4 am, excited about a return to running. I eventually flaked out again and slept in. So much for the comeback. I eventually got up groggy and washed out.

Today's run was much better than the last failed comeback. The left foot held up fine and has healed well. There were quite a few transient twinges over the legs after having had 3 weeks off running. Not surprisingly the legs conked out after 20 minutes; lucky I was able to get a second wind to crack the 30 minutes for a run: ultra-level for me these days.

The running must have injected extra adrenaline or testosterone into the system since I returned to the flat to find the neighbour's builders on our property again. It's a two year saga and I'm secretary of the owner's corporation so I ordered them off the property and threatened to call the Kings Cross police when they refused to move. They left.
I wish I was that aggressive on the track and not such a warm and fuzzy SNAG.

6 Comments:

At 11:43 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Nice comeback.

And speaking of comebacks how am I supposed to make one in the CR footy tipping comp with all you southerners jumping on the Broncos bandwagon.

 
At 12:52 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Apparantly the numbers were up at Boy Charlton this morning. Pure coincidence I'm sure. ;-)

 
At 4:32 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Woo Hoo!! Glad to see you out and about.... take it easy.

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

About time you got yourself moving again. You chose a warm morning for it though; swimming would have been a better idea today.

 
At 6:47 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Clearly the builders haven't seen you in your swimmers ;-)

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Yes Ray is getting a reprieve from my constant chattering.... amazing how a bit of pain shuts you up :-)
I will have to make up for lost time next week!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home