The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, October 01, 2006

The tortoise and the hare

10.00 am, 55 minutes, Moore & Centennial Park

A scratchy effort running after a late night out singing and dancing at Owl and Tesso's birthday party, and after a bit of eating and drinking too.

The body held up well and the legs are getting used to running again. It feels like I've had 4 years off running, not 4 weeks. I got a second wind after 30 minutes.

I ran around Aussie Stadium; not a Broncos fan in sight. I wasn't carrying any valuables just in case.

4 Comments:

At 2:28 pm, Blogger Jen said...

If you were able to run at 10am this morning, clearly you did not eat, drink or dance hard enough last night ;-)

 
At 10:00 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you running again DJ - cut the gangly bugger out - had one the size of a golf ball in my neck in the lead up '97 6' - I was going to enter it as a siamese twin ;-)

 
At 11:32 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Good to see they find out what was in your foot. But starting with gang probably means a cousin of gangrene I guess. Amputate and just keep running. 2nd wind I thought it wasn't a lentils dinner?

 
At 9:05 am, Blogger blues buffett said...

I now look forward to your next conversation with Tesso. If it was me, I'd ask her to outline the timeline of referee Paul Simpkins' induction into the Broncos Hall Of Fame.
I wonder what odds there are for all poor ref/video ref decisions going one way???

BTW congrats on beating me by one point in the AFL (gnash,gnash)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home