The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

7 * 600m - B-qualifier

6.30am, 7 * 600 metres, Centennial Park

This morning I felt pretty good - compared with yesterday. I'm definitely back into the old routine of not feeling fresh for any session. I felt tired during the warm up drills and sluggish in the run-throughs. Obviously surviving though.

A big crowd of people this morning, many of them A-qualifiers like Kit who started 30 seconds earlier in group A. Good to have Mr G out this morning as a B-qualifier with me in the backmarkers group. The early 600m times were a bit sluggish which I'm blaming on the overnight rain and soft ground. I was thinking if I can run a hard 5 km like on Saturday then 600m should be a stroll in the park.

No Rocket or Royworlds this morning, so Jumping John with the squeaky shorts was keeping me honest. He was huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf after the 6th rep., then shot off on the last repetition. I heard him go out harder, and I made him work hard around the bend to pass me at the 100m and then I did something in track work I have not done before after being passed: I passed him immediately again up the back straight. I'd do almost anything to get away from those noisy shorts.

Times were 2.10, 2.10, 2.07, 2.06, 2.05, 2.03, and 1.57

3 Comments:

At 12:35 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Ahhh tactics... I got a little competitive with Alex this morning... all good fun :-)

Those shorts are sooo noisy!! I could here you guys coming ages before you blew past!!

 
At 1:11 pm, Blogger Bennyr said...

Ha! You're one to talk about noisy shorts, Mr Lentil-fuelled-jet-propulsion.

Pot calling the kettle black, methinks! ;)

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Take John on a training run on the Six Foot Track - the squeaky shorts will scare off all the cows ;-)

Nice seesion DJ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home