The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mid week long and hard

6.30am, 1 hour 50 minutes, Rushcutters Bay - Watsons Bay - North Bondi return

A hilly scenic run. I felt pretty good for a change at the start and went out at a steady pace.

I went along New South Head Road, up heartbreak hill which felt OK although I wasn't going too hard. Down through Vaucluse to Watsons Bay, and up and down a series of hills along the coast to Dover Heights and North Bondi. Sweeping views out to sea and a strong head wind. Glutes felt fatigued on the hour at Dover Heights and I eased off a bit.

Battled up to the top of Bellevue Hill and the last 20 minutes was gentle downhill through Woollahra and Edgecliff. A nice finish but running on roads was a bit brutal on the knees and ankles. It'd be good if they converted Sydney roads to running tracks.

4 Comments:

At 11:23 am, Blogger 2P said...

14% mid week run sounds good :-)

As for converting Sydney roads - I think the cycle brigade have dibs.

 
At 12:30 pm, Blogger Katie said...

That nice spongy stuff would be nice. Thats a hills run and hills tommorow!! You are going to be demon on the hills at 6ft! How long to go?

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Wow. Huge run DJ. Nice and hilly as well. How many Kms all up do you reckon it was ?

 
At 10:05 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Good to see Gronk is still speaking to you. I want you to report to my office Monday morning for some more SNAG coaching. I go away for three days and look what happens to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home