The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, January 22, 2006

3 hours pleasure and pain

6am, 3 hours slow, Centennial & Moore Parks

A nice morning for a run. Legs felt heavy for the first hour, and then in the second hour I started to tire so I went from heavy to fatigued. First 3 hour run for over a year so I have to get better at this. I enjoyed running on the golf course at Moore Park just before those nuisance golfers arrived. Who do they think they are? Definitely going back there.

Joined Sean's group at 7.30am which gave me a better measuring stick, and I wasn't moving too badly. I saw Wine Trail Runner in a black flash running the opposite direction at the southern end of Centennial Park. Started to progressively tire after 2 hours and drifted off the back of the group. From the rest of the morning group, it was good to see Rocket Rod, Kulinda, and Marvellous Marveen who all finished early, under 3 hours anyway. The last 30 minutes was very tough and those words 'this is the last time I run a marathon' started to come back. My memory of the pain of 3 hour training runs has faded so badly. Pulled up pretty well and about to start eating like a horse for the rest of the day. Some compensation.

4 Comments:

At 2:54 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Nothin' like a post run pig-out :-)

 
At 4:54 pm, Blogger 2P said...

As the song says - it's a fine line - hehe somebody was bound to say it, might as well be me ;-)

3 hours is a biiiig run hombre - you gonna luv 6 footses!

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Its like child birth- forget the pain otherwise we would never do it again!!! It was pretty hot this morning too! I thought of you this morning while I was running- then that damm song got stuck in my head haha what a way to take your mind of hills :-)

 
At 7:33 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I sent Wine Trail Runner over to keep you company as I was lazing around in bed! Glad you made it through the three hours and I hope you had some nice wine with your post run eating fest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home