The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The big softie

6.15 am, 2 hours 45 minutes, Moore & Centennial Park

I had to trade off a few things in deciding where to run this week's long run. This last week I ran two more road sessions than usual which the knees and ankles were telling me about. So I went back to the parks because I'm a big softie and for convenience. Legs were feeling pretty good and initially I passed a few people coming home from the Kings Cross nightclubs. I probably looked pretty weird out there.

Ran through Darlinghurst to Moore Park and spent about an hour running around the golf course, park and doing a few small hills. I was running better than last week but I was no gazelle. Enjoyed the soft feel of fairway underfoot, and only had to avoid 3 golfers and the groundsman, who failed to tell me to buzz off. Ran holes 2 to 10, 15 to 17 and did a couple of long fairways twice, avoiding the clubhouse. Then made it over to Centennial Park and followed a few of Sean's junior squad around the park. I again struggled around the 2 hour mark, but was marginally better than last week. Big improvement around 2.5 hours when I failed to fall in a heap and ran longer than intended. Pace started dropping off again and shuffled home.

I should be pretty good tomorrow for having been on the grass most of today. I don't take many recreational drugs either.

4 Comments:

At 11:14 am, Blogger Katie said...

Very Smart move!!! My calves were aching after three hours on the road this morning! The last 3 kms were on grass and it felt divine!

Thanks for the post... I almost cried. We read that out at my Pa's funeral! Your gentle spirit and humility is a reat stregnth! Something I could have a little more of :-)

 
At 5:46 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Bet you have the munchies now!

Nice workout DJ - good time on feet stuff to get you ready for the big dance up the mountains in March.

 
At 6:14 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

I was waiting for you to say you dropped into the 19th Hole for a bit of rehydration ....

 
At 6:15 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see you've been keeping up the effort whilst I've been away. Hope to see you soon. Mr lulu should be back next week as he is starting to get some condition back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home