The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Big Bertha 4.5 km Hills & Pacing Kit

6.30am, 4.5 km hill circuit, Centennial Park

Good 6 foot track workout. Haven't done this hill session for over a month so sorely needed.

A good number of people out at Sean's morning group. I felt pretty lethargic and tired in the legs beforehand - which is very normal building up again and following Sean's program.

I expected around 18 minutes and finished in 17.33 so happy with the effort. I had a drink and then finished off pacing Kit for her final lap. Kit was powering up the hill. I'd never paced anyone before so I would have put her off and paced her down. In the past I've tended to participate rather than coach so I'd be good for pacing people to a personal worst. I enjoyed the last lap.

3 Comments:

At 10:09 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Ha ha, a hill session 'sorely' needed :-)

 
At 12:44 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Where can I buy a "pacing kit"?

Whilst you are running hills - I am experimenting with my taper - don't want to leave anything to chance ;-)

 
At 1:26 pm, Blogger Katie said...

2p... I am very expensive and a rare find!!! Thank you DJ for the final lap... my legs were burning and I was all psyched for a time over 23mins. There was no way I was going to stop... I can't add that to my repuation as a sleepy head :-) Thanks... it was my fastest lap!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home