The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

300m repetitions

6.30am, 10* 300 metres, Centennial Park

A big morning at McKay Oval in the rain: noticeable for who was there and who wasn't.

I felt recovered from Sunday's run, and the legs felt reasonable. The glutes held up well and I could feel them there working hard and they were telling me no harder. Interested to watch Royworlds and Rocket Rod out in front, and Jumping John started passing me on the 7th repetition. He'd burnt out by the final rep, and I elbowed him 'accidentally' on the last rep as I overtook.

Times were 61, 59, 57, 56, 56, 56, 56, 56, 55, and 54. It was a good base-building work out.

Good to see Mr G make an appearance.
I tell you what I really like, runners like Deanne and Alison, reliable and who turn up no matter what. They don't let a little success go to their heads. Great to see them out this morning.

2 Comments:

At 10:15 am, Blogger Lulu said...

It would have been nice and damp down at the park this morning. Can't believe that I've missed an appearance by the legendary MrG.

I'm assuming that you're trying to send Ms Kit a message:)

 
At 1:02 pm, Blogger Katie said...

** Subtle** Haha Now I had better get back to my desk for some more self beating - bad katie, bad katie! I actually didn't realise it was raining... I just turned off the alarm and went straight back to sleep :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home