The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Long and lousy run

6.30am, 2 hours 45 minutes, Centennial Park

Felt good for the first hour and a half, and then battled on with Sean's Sunday group. It was a whole new ball game having done an extra hour 'warm up' before joining the others in
Sean's group. I was doing the fartlek surges with no surge. It is going to be a few weeks before the power comes back on during these long runs. Somehow marathon running is a bit like this, takes a lot of kms of training to have reserves of strength in the legs to call on after a couple of hours of running.

I was able to run with Royworlds after 2 hours since he was cruising, and that helped me keep going on auto-pilot during the third hour.

Miraculously during the run I felt no niggles, pains, aches, nothing at all to suggest I wasn't a picture of health. Running injury-free brings the basics into sharp relief: I'm just a lousy runner with no injury excuses to rely on.

Actually this was a very good 2 hour plus run.

5 Comments:

At 10:54 am, Blogger Jen said...

I'm more than happy to lend you mine ;-)

 
At 12:13 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I just needed a little shove! Hahaha Did I read right??? Crappy runner???? Now I know I need some more food and water!
I am glad to hear all the niggles in check... its a good feeling :-)
See you Tuesday!

 
At 5:10 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Ha ha, a lousy runner ... who just ran for 2hrs 45mins. Yeah, real lousy :-)

 
At 5:14 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Yeah you're a really crappy runner! Even I'll be able to keep up with you soon, although I'm not sure what excuse I'll have once my knee's fixed!

 
At 8:13 pm, Blogger 2P said...

2 hours and 45 mins pain free - ahhh the serenity....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home