The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, February 20, 2006

Dog of a Recovery

7.00am, 1 hour easy, Moore Park

This is the best I have felt this year on a Monday after a 2 hour plus session on the day before. The ankle and knee joints were all good and I had a bit of drive in the legs. I treated the legs to an extended session on the grass around Moore Park and the golf course. Heavily overcast, windy and threatening rain was a nice change from the heat and humidity.

I enjoyed this golf session knowing it was only a casual hour with the aim of just being a recovery run. There was a stiff southerly breeze and a few golf balls were sprayed around the practice driving range.

Initially there were more people walking dogs on the golf course than golfers. I got chased by one small fluffy dog 3 times on the 15th fairway. I couldn't be bothered stopping so I watched the dog run just diagonally behind me, fall back and then come toward me three times. From rich experience, I know not many dogs will actually try to bit me, particularly if they stay more than a few metres away. Also while running I know I can only kick a dog in front of me so I was just content to play pace maker. I could hear the owner yelling out "fido, fido". Fortunately I had the patience and endurance to out last the mongrel without being bitten.

There was a slight shower of rain but a very pleasant morning to be out in the elements.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 pm, Blogger Katie said...

What a difference to yesterday!!! I am actually looking forward to my easy 30mins in this temp :-)

Kicking little fluffy dogs and associating with drama queens... you are tough!!! :-)

 
At 11:02 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Hey DJ - glad you had such a great recovery - me - I couldn't have run if I had a bad dose of the trots!

As for the pooches - bah - they are just dogs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home