The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wowser serves 3 hours as punishment

6.00am, 3 hours, Moore & Centennial Parks

Last night I had a few enjoyable drinks with Owl, Go Girl and Go Boy at Jen_runs' engagement party. See Go Girl's blog for a possible team photo. Despite the happy occasion, I had to be the wowser and probably the first to go home to set the alarm for 5.40 am. There's always someone at the party with no endurance. The party probably took off after I left. Glad now I stopped at 3 beers last night and left Go Boy to quench his fierce thirst and resist our subtle attempts to make a runner out of him.

A warm morning for a run. As I ran out I saw a few people going home from the Cross nightclubs, and a couple having a blazing row. I had quite a few small niggles in the opening 30 minutes while running to and along the fairways at the Moore Park golf course. I felt very slow on the grass again, and did a few hill repeats on the elevated tee at the 5th and felt better on the hills. Slowly but surely the niggles all dissolved into the fairways and I was overcome by general fatigue.

At 7.30am ran behind some of Sean's squad, and battled quite a bit to maintain their long slow distance pace. By 8.30am I still had a bit of fuel in the tank and pushed the final 30 minutes hard. For the first time I saved the best effort for last today. I told Jen I'd do 30 minutes for her as penance for being a piker so that was it, and it was painful.

5 Comments:

At 4:27 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Good on you DJ!!!! I did not get to Jen's do... mum is unfortunately sick again :-( I hope you had a great night... not too wowserish!

 
At 5:10 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Another 3h in the bank DJ. Sounds like you'll do great in a few weeks time.

 
At 5:29 pm, Blogger Jen said...

It did !

 
At 7:26 pm, Blogger Katie said...

oops... I just sprouted another leaf! Keep watering... Ray will kill me :-)

 
At 8:10 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good idea to save time by wearing your pyjamas to the party.

3 hour punishment detail - you may get off on ggod behaviour on Six Foot for time already served.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home