The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, February 18, 2006

More Hills

7.30am, 1 hour 15 minutes, Rushcutters Bay - Vaucluse - Dover Heights - Bellevue Hill - Double Bay

A sluggish start that picked up speed as I went along. I followed a shortened version of my mid-week long run with all the best hills. I might do guided tours. I noticed the difference in having an easy day yesterday and felt a bit stronger. So I could attack the hills and maintain a decent work rate up them.

Pretty humid out there this morning. At Edgecliff I ran into a few small groups of what looked like north side runners, one wearing last year's six foot track singlet. I was wearing my 2004 6' track singlet and received some friendly waves.

I read Gronk is targeting the SMH 1/2 marathon in May. I'm starting to notice the gradual increase in strength in the legs over the last few weeks, and today I was on various parts of the city to surf course. At this stage, I'm building nicely for city to surf and sydney marathon festival. Not sure if I'll be ready to race Gold Coast or anything before then.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good time to feel strong on hills the hills.

Have a good one tomorrow DJ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home