The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hills for a change

6.10am, 2 hours 50 minutes, Centennial Park - Tamarama - Bronte

The last in a long line of 2 hour plus runs this morning. I went out easier this morning , and after 40 minutes did some steep hills which zapped the legs for the rest of the session. My legs took a while to recover from the hills, but they did recover which was positive. The rest of the session was a struggle, although I wasn't expecting anything else.

I should feel the benefits of the recent hill work this week or next. Otherwise next month I'll be at the six foot track finish line in my rocking-chair knitting cardigans.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 pm, Blogger Katie said...

No yopu can knit cardies after 6ft.... collapse into the rocking chair :-) That must be a nice feeling to know that was the last really long run until the big day!!! WOO HOO!!! Now you can start to wind down and then... FLY!!! ALl those hills and hard work you have put in will pay off for you on the day.... I cant wait to see it :-)

 
At 3:38 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Gosh, just three weeks to go.

Happy tapering!

 
At 4:12 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I can lend you some knitting needles if you like; somehow though I don't think you'll be needing them.

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger 2P said...

And I can do the scarves.

Nice work DJ - great when you can feel the legs recover after being toast.

 
At 9:04 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Nice one DJ. Which hills did you take on ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home