The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Under pressure 1 hour 50 minutes

6.00am, 1 hour 50 minutes, Rushcutters Bay - Watsons Bay - North Bondi - Bondi Junction - Rushcutters Bay

I had a matter in court listed at 9.15 am, so I had to leave the office at 9am and working backwards, I had to leave home at 6am for this run. Nothing like a bit of time pressure to keep me on edge for the whole run. If you were wondering, no it isn't a criminal case and I'm not the accused and out on bail at large in the community.

I maintained a steady pace, and compared with the same run last week, I was 2-3 minutes slower in the first hour to Dover Heights after a few hills. This surprised me and I thought my watch was lying to me. But I didn't tank in the second hour and I was pacing myself better this week. Funny what a few 3 hour training runs does for your endurance and pacing.

Magnificent morning for a run, overcast, fresh and being out in the elements sensation.

So I get to the office at 8.50am and check out the court list on the supreme court website and discovered the matter is listed at 12.00pm, not 9.15am.

3 Comments:

At 9:58 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Always the way when you think you have to get up early. At least you did it when it was still relatively cool and it's over and done with now!

 
At 10:42 am, Blogger 2P said...

Wow what a bonus - 3 hours to put your feet up in the office and have a snooze ;-)

Great to hear how much you enjoyed this mornings run DJ - nice work!

 
At 4:11 pm, Blogger Katie said...

3 hrs to make yourself pretty ;-)

Another good run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home